Wednesday, January 7, 2009

You can't run from aging

I'm growing older in India. As my wife pointed out, I'm older in India. Thanks to the time change, I celebrated my birthday today 12 and a half hours earlier than I would have back in Milwaukee. And since said wife blabbed about it on Carole Burns' blog, I walked into a classroom of St. Xavier's students singing "Happy Birthday." (It says the students are reading the blogs.) Later many of them walked up to shake my hand and wish me the best. Then the word got around since the Jesuits at the residence where I'm staying offered up the same greeting. It was thoughtful on all their parts.

LATER, the Jesuits had a birthday party for me with chocolate cake and fig and honey ice cream (it was delicious, as has been all the ice cream I've had here), then I went back to the lab at 8:30 since students were coming in to work on their projects. Again, a cake, singing, handshakes and applause.

No comments:

Post a Comment