Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Reality bites

     It's 5  a.m. Wednesday morning, and I wake up to the soothing sounds of heavy vehicles racing past on the busy street right outside my window. Oh, well. It's better than the gunshots last night.
     But then reality steps back in. Checking my email, I find a request from a student about whether I'd offer him an independent study; from another asking if she could just delete items from a blog she created for a class and then just use it for another purpose; from another asking for a letter of recommendation (oops, make that two others asking for letters); from another wishing me a good semester since she's not really going to take a class we had talked about; and a thesis proposal from a graduate student.
     Classes start Monday, and India will just be a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment