Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sunday afternoons with Father Vinayak

     It’s Sunday, which means no classes and the dreaded Father Vinayak tour of Ahmedabad. For more than a year now, I’ve heard tales of how he harried last year's Marquette team (Bill Thorn, Carole Burns, and then Dean now Provost John Pauley) from place to place in a tiring pace.  Actually they enjoyed it, I think, but all of them would admit to the sightseeing being at a brutal pace.

     In about five minutes, we’re to be off again. I don’t know the entire schedule, but I do know several stops are planned, most of them outside Ahmedabad, including one I’m really anticipating: a visit to Mahatma Gandhi’s ashram.  I’m sure the others are going to be fascinating because Vinayak is a thoughtful guide. I do know he plans a special mass for the Catholics in the group, and there is an ancient stronghold on tap. 

      Just in case, though, I’m taking the heart shaped aspirins for my back after all the walking.  And, of course, you’ll get details later.

No comments:

Post a Comment