Saturday, January 3, 2009

I ♥ these aspirin

    One of the adventures that isn’t so excellent in traveling outside the U.S. is dealing with medications, whether it be a simple thing like searching for a pharmacy in India then seeing a “Chemist” and remembering from innumerable British mysteries that was the store I wanted to the, in retrospect, hilarious pantomime I went through in Mexico trying to describe a fever thermometer in Mexico (I’ve since learned it’s una fiebre termómetro).  With me speaking no Spanish at the time and the pharmacist speaking no English, it was a lost cause.

    Once you do find medications, don’t count on them looking or acting anything like a similar product in the U.S.

     So I wasn’t surprised but was amused when I finally found some aspirin for a back that’s decided it doesn’t really like me standing on my feet for seven hours a day then sleeping in an unfamiliar and decidedly stiffer mattress. It was small, gray and heart-shaped. Plus it was only 50 milligrams.

     Still, it made my back feel better so I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment