Friday, January 2, 2009

Why did Steve cross the road?


     Can't answer except that the Steve in question was me, and the road was in Ahmedabad, and crossing the road was indeed an adventure. As I've whined several times, traffic is unbelievable so crossing the road becomes an exercise in walking quickly between vehicles (see photo).  That's not to mention that traffic flows on the left, as in the British system.  I well remember the first time I crossed the road here, showing extraordinary ingenuity, I must say.  
     There were eight lanes, and they were jammed. I was standing there totally befuddled by the traffic when I spotted an elderly woman launching herself from beside me using a walker. Hah, I thought, a shield.
     And so Steve crossed the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment