Friday, December 30, 2011

More on what to do while sitting on a tarmac

A few thoughts about waiting on an airport tarmac for this long. I was amazed at how accepting the passengers were. Most slept or quietly read, with the exception of the businessman. But even he stayed the course, flying on to Ahmedabad with us. The small child stayed quiet for the most part. She cried at one point, but quietly and was quickly soothed by her mother. I got the impression that this delay wasn’t an unusual event, which makes sense looking at the geography of Delhi, which is very low-lying around a river delta in a semi-tropical part of India. Since the only two times I’ve found myself in Delhi in the early morning the area was bathed in fog, I suspect it’s the norm, not the exception. For the Marquette crew, it was more of the same: sleeping, working on papers or blogs, reading. Mostly sleeping. This has been a very long journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment